You know how little things catch you off guard and then you’re like, wow, I actually suddenly feel accomplished? Yeah, that was me looking at the tiny monthly goals I had set for myself. I’m counting that as a win in my book because I never finish my monthly goals.
So what went good this month?
1. Accomplishing my list. I joined a CAL, started reading a steampunk japan dystopia novel series, got exercise in, have my garden plants started, and finished a digital work in Photoshop (it’s the featured image, with the full image below this paragraph). Life was pretty good this month.
2. Work and home life felt balanced too. I’m not feeling stressed at work like I was last year and with the sun being out a lot more consistently, I’m noting an extra kick in my step when I get up in the morning. I feel motivated and like that feeling. I’m hoping I can keep riding these feel good vibes to healthier habits as a result.
What didn’t go so good?
1. With the increase of sunshine, my sleep cycle sucks. I don’t know if there is ever a proper balance to be met when it comes to light. Either the dark is getting to me and making me depressed or the light is too much and I’m fatigued as a result. That is probably one of the biggest things I dislike about living in the Last Frontier. I think to try to be better about this one, I just need to concentrate on sticking to the clock on getting up and going to bed. Of course, our puppo is confused and sometimes its just easier to get up than have to deal with him bapping us because he think he’s going to die of starvation even though he ate 6 hours ago (but jeebus mom, the suns already up, must be breakfast time at 2 in the morning).
I really can’t think of a second major not so good thing to happen to me this month. When I mentioned life feeling balanced earlier, I’m not kidding. I feel like I’m in a good place. I’m not dealing with stress and drama. I’m not having things bother me. It makes me curious if it’s because of the sun and the season. I hope by keeping this practice up, I’ll be able to draw a correlation between things too. It’s definitely nice to document this.
So, major goals for the month of May?
- Assemble some bikes from last year that we have (and actually use them!)
- Gather quotes for some major projects this summer (we have some windows to replace and a fence to build)
- Finish my book for my Japanese steampunk serious
- Complete at least one CAL entry
- Complete a mini photography project? With all the sun out, I really want to go and take some fancy pictures.
So, I think, overall, these are my healthy goals. I could list so many more, but I’m going to limit myself to five that I’m interested in accomplishing. I have some ongoing ones (3 days a week of exercise, etc) that I’ll keep at, but I don’t feel like they need to be so front and center, which is really a nice feeling. I also have some article ideas, so hopefully, I’ll be posting a few extra things this month too (beyond my 2-4 post average). Like, I have an Arbor Day post to write for my environmental series, so you all get to learn about trees later this month <3 ..which I don’t know a lot about, so I’m actually excited to write this one!
How was everybody else’s April? Have some cool things planned for May?