For my birthday, I bought myself a new computer and I’m having so much fun with it. Minus a small error from the company (forgotten hard drive). I pulled up the programs I haven’t been using in a while and decided to work up another picture. Kaia is an old character that I use to roleplay (like so many of my images). She was an ancient old sorceress hoping to be reborn into the new world after cursing the man who killed her.
I am beginning a much needed four day weekend. I thought I’d start it out right by finishing a few pieces and started with this one. No special story to go with it, I’m kind of not in the creative writing mood, but I’m pretty happy with this one. I’m thinking of doing a few more renders with this character (will see if I actually carry said renders to the completion line). I’m also seemingly in a monotone mood. Probably because we’ve been grey and dusky every single evening this week?
And, yes, I finished it. I’m actually really happy with this piece and that it finally captured what I had in my head.
So, a few facts, the main part of this image is composed and rendered in Daz|Studio using Iray. And then I photoshopped the rest (background, a few effects, color blend changes, etc). This also has become my first uploaded piece at my new DeviantART profile.
Beyond taking care of the normal everyday things, we haven’t done a whole lot this weekend. I’ve been updating programs and working on a few things to spare. We haven’t had a day of just sitting around with no obligations or getting distracted with being out of the house. The puppies are even being lazy today and not continuing to fight over toys/bones (Luna does not share and will horde all of them between her paws from Tyr).
So rusty. I’m not really that satisfied with this image, so it probably will only appear here. I love my laptop, I do, but it just does not have the power that my desktop holds. Which, hopefully in the next week or so, I’ll be able to set that up once I find my cords. Which are buried in a box in storage. In a box I haven’t discovered yet (ha!).
Technically, the idea behind this project was to post a couple of paintings every couple of days. Me, I’m a bit of a procrastinator. I also fell a bit behind, but finished up yesterday with exactly 31 paintings (one for each day of the month). The other thing was that typically this is done with traditional painting. With canvas. And paints with real brushes. I’m still in transition with homes and the idea of storing 30 canvases sort of scared me. So I decided I would do all of these as digital paintings.